Kenya Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors
Our main objective is to foster and advance matters of common interest of contractors in their course of doing their businesses.
KABCEC CPD CONVENTION 2022
30th and 31st May - Sarit Expo Centre
We invite you to the upcoming KABCEC Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Convention 2022.
Earn your 10 NCA CPD Points by attending presentation of real interest to you at a time that suits you. Sign up today for our CPD convention at Sarit Expo Centre on 30th and 31st May for only Ksh5,000/- as a KABCEC member and we will share with you a list of presentations and times for you to pick and choose from, one week before the event.
The evening event will be a chance to meet and network fellow build professionals and sponsors in our event expo area.
Payments can be made to the KABCEC Paybill Number: 982800, Account Number: 3000088595.
Kindly confirm by forwarding your names and payment confirmation to this number +254 724568324 by What’s App or Text or email to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPD Registration From
The Kenya Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors (KABCEC) is an Association bringing together building and civil engineering contractors in Kenya.
It was formed in 1949 and currently enjoys a membership of over 400 employer organizations who are top contractors in the country. The contractors employ hundreds of thousands of construction workers directly and indirectly.
Our main objective is to foster and advance matters of common interest of contractors in their course of doing their businesses. It is in the view of this objective that KABCEC participates actively in the formulation, revision, amendment and improvement of the Conditions of Contract for Building works.
We also aim at establishing amicable arrangements and relations between our members and their workmen. The Association works hand in hand with the Union and the Ministry of Labour in formulating the minimum terms and conditions of employment for construction workers contained in a Collective Bargain Agreement (CBA)….Read More
1st Annual KABCEC Golf Tournament
Muthaiga Golf Club 11th March 2022
Thank you to all the the attendees and sponsors of the 1st Annual KABCEC Golf Tournament held at the Muthaiga Golf Club on the 11th March 2022. It was a great day and evening attended by over 150 KABCEC members, guest and sponsors.
We are a major stakeholder in the Building and Construction Industry and our members are represented on the Board of Directors of various institutions in this industry such as the Joint Building and Construction Council (JBCC), ….Read More
- Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK)
- National Industrial Training Authority (NITA)
- Roads and Civil Engineering Contractors Association (RACECA)….Read More
Our membership comprises not only Building and Civil Engineering Contractors, but also Specialists Contractors and Sub-contractors such as lifts contractors, Electrical Contractors and Plumbing contractors….Read More
Continuous Professional Development
KABCEC is accredited by the NCA to provide Continuous Professional Development courses
Our membership comprises not only Building and Civil Engineering Contractors, but also Specialists Contractors and Sub-contractors such as lifts contractors, Electrical Contractors and Plumbing contractors.
Benefits of Membership
By belonging to the Association, you stand to gain a number of benefits including:
- An opportunity to lobby for issues of concern to you as a Contractor, be it lobbying for fair conditions of Contracts, Terms and Conditions of employing your Workers, Government Policy, etc. In a nutshell, you get the opportunity of influencing the Contracting Business.
- KABCEC organizes Seminars geared at educating our members on contentious issues in the Contracting Business such as the administration of Value Added Tax, Labour relations, Contractual rights, Claims etc.
- Belonging to the Association also presents you with the opportunity to interact with likeminded persons with whom you can share ideas and experiences.
- The Association has formed an Advocacy Committee (Comprising of Executive Members) that meet every first Saturday of the Month to receive and solve or advise members on contractual issues.
- Above all you can speak with one voice – a strong voice – when you belong to the Association of the largest contributors to Kenya’s Economy.
- It has become a mandatory requirement by the National Construction Authority for a Contractor to be a member of a Contractors’ Association for renewal of their practicing licence.
Continuous Professional Development
Features of Our CPD Courses
Why Choose Us?
We are a major stakeholder in the Building and Construction Industry
According to the CBS, the Construction Industry contributed over 7 percent of the Gross Domestic Product in 2020.
KABCEC Lobbied the reduction of Withholding Tax from the punitive 5% to 3%