Kenya Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors
Our main objective is to foster and advance matters of common interest of contractors in their course of doing their businesses.
The Kenya Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors (KABCEC) is an Association bringing together building and civil engineering contractors in Kenya.
It was formed in 1949 and currently enjoys a membership of over 400 employer organizations who are top contractors in the country. The contractors employ hundreds of thousands of construction workers directly and indirectly.
Our main objective is to foster and advance matters of common interest of contractors in their course of doing their businesses. It is in the view of this objective that KABCEC participates actively in the formulation, revision, amendment and improvement of the Conditions of Contract for Building works.
We also aim at establishing amicable arrangements and relations between our members and their workmen. The Association works hand in hand with the Union and the Ministry of Labour in formulating the minimum terms and conditions of employment for construction workers contained in a Collective Bargain Agreement (CBA)….Read More
Chairmans Koroga 2022
On the 2nd December 2022, KABCEC members came together along with our sponsors Safal Building Systems and Oraro & Company Advocates at Mint Shack, Hurlingham, for the Chairman’s Koroga 2022.
Our Chairman, Dhanji Raghwani, gave his end of year address to all members present.
Safal Building systems gave a presentation on their light gauge steel building system and prospects for our members to franchise thier technology. Oraro & Company Advocates gave a presentation on tax matters effecting contractors.
A fun filled and informative evening was had by all who attended. Members along with invited industry gets meet and networked, discussing all thing construction in Kenya. Thank you to all those who attended.
KABCEC CPD Convention & Construction Expo
30th & 30st May 2022 - Sarit Expo Centre, Nairobi
On the 30th & 31st May 2022, KABCEC held our first NCA Accredited, CPD Convention and Construction Expo, in partnership with:
- LAXCON Group
- Mayfair Insurance
- Customs Aluminium
- Apex Steel
- Allied Plumbers
- Prosper Construction
The aim of this event was to give our members and non-member contractors the chance to earn their all important 10 NCA CPD Points, before their license renewal at the end of June. At the same time we wanted to make the CPD’s informative, interesting, & educational to genuinely add value to all the attendees. By creating a space for interaction, networking and relationship building between our partners and the attendees we further enhanced the experience for all concerned.
Over the two days KABCEC and our partners made 15 presentations on a range of topics covering everything from new & renewable building materials and techniques, through to the importance of insurance in the construction industry. Our speakers represented some of the highest caliber professional from across the build community, sharing their knowledge and expertise in a productive learning environment for over 100 attendees across the two days.
Our event closed out with an evening cocktail by the LAXCON Group of companies which was attended by over 150 guest from across the construction industry.
KABCEC would like to say a big thank you to all our Partners, Presenters and Attendees, who together made this event a great success. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
CPD Registration From
1st Annual KABCEC Golf Tournament
Muthaiga Golf Club 11th March 2022
Thank you to all the the attendees and sponsors of the 1st Annual KABCEC Golf Tournament held at the Muthaiga Golf Club on the 11th March 2022. It was a great day and evening attended by over 150 KABCEC members, guest and sponsors.
We are a major stakeholder in the Building and Construction Industry and our members are represented on the Board of Directors of various institutions in this industry such as the Joint Building and Construction Council (JBCC), ….Read More
- Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK)
- National Industrial Training Authority (NITA)
- Roads and Civil Engineering Contractors Association (RACECA)….Read More
Our membership comprises not only Building and Civil Engineering Contractors, but also Specialists Contractors and Sub-contractors such as lifts contractors, Electrical Contractors and Plumbing contractors….Read More
Continuous Professional Development
KABCEC is accredited by the NCA to provide Continuous Professional Development courses
Our membership comprises not only Building and Civil Engineering Contractors, but also Specialists Contractors and Sub-contractors such as lifts contractors, Electrical Contractors and Plumbing contractors.
Benefits of Membership
By belonging to the Association, you stand to gain a number of benefits including:
- An opportunity to lobby for issues of concern to you as a Contractor, be it lobbying for fair conditions of Contracts, Terms and Conditions of employing your Workers, Government Policy, etc. In a nutshell, you get the opportunity of influencing the Contracting Business.
- KABCEC organizes Seminars geared at educating our members on contentious issues in the Contracting Business such as the administration of Value Added Tax, Labour relations, Contractual rights, Claims etc.
- Belonging to the Association also presents you with the opportunity to interact with likeminded persons with whom you can share ideas and experiences.
- The Association has formed an Advocacy Committee (Comprising of Executive Members) that meet every first Saturday of the Month to receive and solve or advise members on contractual issues.
- Above all you can speak with one voice – a strong voice – when you belong to the Association of the largest contributors to Kenya’s Economy.
- It has become a mandatory requirement by the National Construction Authority for a Contractor to be a member of a Contractors’ Association for renewal of their practicing licence.
We are a major stakeholder in the Building and Construction Industry
According to the CBS, the Construction Industry contributed over 7 percent of the Gross Domestic Product in 2020.
KABCEC Lobbied the reduction of Withholding Tax from the punitive 5% to 3%